Monday, November 10, 2008

Flagstaff Trip






Friday we took a quick trip up to Flagstaff, which was lots of fun, the weather was nice and chilly so we finally got to feel like it was fall. Jake had a meeting when we got there, so the kids and I went to the mall (of course). We shopped a little, but in the middle of the mall was this huge fireplace with couches all around it, so we all got books and sat and enjoyed the fire, it was so relaxing. Then we went to the hotel Little America, and Jake and I went to the restaurant in the hotel (to celebrate our anniversary) while the kids ordered room service. When we got back to the room it was still pretty early, so we taught the kids how to play poker using m&m's (I won), we all had a good time, it was really hard not eating our "money". The next morning we went to breakfast at a "local" restaruant called La Bellavia - it was really yummy, and we were definately where the locals go. We got back in the nick of time, the next day it snowed, I don't think I'm ready for that. I'm glad that even though my kids are getting older, they still enjoy spending time all together, road trips are definately our way of staying close. It was a fun get away for a night, we will have to do it again real soon.

No comments: