Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter

I put it off every year thinking that the kids wouldn't want to do it any more, but the day before Easter both of the kids asked when we would color Easter eggs... So I went and bought the kit, and they took a lot of care trying to out do the other:) They all turned out so nice, jake made a great half and half egg, and Lindsay made a cute bunny on one of her eggs-they were so proud...




I don't think I have done this for a couple of years, but this year for fun I thought I would hide the eggs:) I woke up pretty early to get their baskets ready ( or to help the Easter Bunny) and decided to hide them all over the back yard. They were actually pretty excited and got a little silly collecting them - racing each other. For some reason Jake had trouble finding them but Lindsay was an old pro.. He only found 10 and she found 13 (the last one got smashed)... You can see how sad Jake was that Lindsay beat him. Its so fun that even tho my kids are getting older, they are still silly kids at heart...







Look how happy Lindsay is and how sad Jake is, it was so funny..
We all went to breakfast at Crackers (our favorite place). Then later in the afternoon, we met up with my dad and brothers and mom and kids and went to see The Clash of The Titans in 3-D which was a lot of fun. Afterwards we went to my dads where Charles BBQd burgers and my dad did everything else (so lucky all I did was dessert). It was a great day spent with family.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's so cool that your kids still love to look for eggs even though they are older..enjoy it while it lasts..How are you by the way? Hope all is good..