Thursday, December 2, 2010

Bulgaria

I didn't think I would survive!! I can't believe they don't have Diet Coke in Europe... Coke light didn't taste too bad:)

Zurich Switzerland, so pretty, and so much to see.


Jake and I in Serbia in front of the building that has Skull Tower inside.



Skull Tower, we were so shocked to see that the tower wasn't protected at all, you could actually reach in and touch them.....




Our first night in Bulgaria, we ate at the most wonderful restaurant, dinner lasted over 2 hours, we had 5 courses, we were stuffed.




I know I haven't blogged in awhile, so I thought I would start slowly filling in what has gone on so far this year... We did find a house, thank goodness, so we weren't homeless. We are renting until we find the one we will hopefully stay in:) In May Lindsay finished her first year at college on the Deans List, we were so proud of her, and Jake finished up his last year at the junior high, he is now a high school er, he is so happy, he loves it. In June, Jake had to go on a trip for work and he took me along, we went to Bulgaria.... Never thought I would go there, didn't even know where it was. But we had a lot of fun. We rented a car so that we could do some sight seeing, we even drove across the border to Serbia, Jake had me drive there - just so I can say I did. That was the first time out of the country, if you don't count Canada and Mexico, it was so eye opening to see how other people live, and surprisingly once you get out of the city, it is beautiful and green in the country. One day while Jake was at work I ventured out on my own. I went and got some lunch, then to the movies (which were in English, with Bulgarian subtitles) and then I got a taxi and went downtown to shop for souvenirs-as you all know, that is definitely not something I would normally do, but I figured I would try to venture out of my comfort zone. Walking around the business park and then a park downtown we noticed there were ping pong tables in a lot of places, they are bolted down and there to play whenever you want-there were always people playing on their lunch breaks. After a week, we were ready to get back to the United States. On the flight back home we had a day lay-over in Switzerland, so we were able to sight see there too. We took the train into town where all the wonderful shops are. I loved all of the old buildings. It was so pretty there too. Lots of green. I'm so glad I was able to go on this trip with Jake, hopefully there will be more.







No comments: